The Mom/Sara/Sally Blog

This is a blog for our incredible mom. It's a place to add comments and pictures if you want, or to find links to other sites about mom and the family.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A few more from the Guest Book


It has been a long time since I have seen Sally but I remember her as being kind, gentle and patient. There were always handfuls of kids running in and out of her house on Capitol Hill and she always made us feel welcomed. I remember her being a wonderful mom to her children and to all those who passed through her house. To Lillian, Benji and Hanna, you are in my heart and thoughts during this difficult time, I am so sorry for your loss.
Love,
Kate O’Donnell

Kate O'Donnell (Olympia, WA )
odonnelk@batdorf.com


July 27, 2006
Dear Clark Family,
Sally is a special memory from my chilhood on Capital Hill. I knew her from 7th grade throught high school where we were very close friends. She was a gentle, kind young girl who had a special gift of listening and being genuine in her concern for you and whatever was going on in your life. I have so many fun memories of school, life on Capital Hill, trips to Johns Island and Roche Harbor, and just hanging out and doing what kids do. My sympathy goes out to her family-- Dr. and Mrs Clark, all her siblings, and especially her children who will miss her the most.
Sincerely,
Kris Stamnes Welch

Kris Stamnes-Welch (Fall City, WA )
kwelch1050@aol.com


July 26, 2006
Benjamin, Lillian and Hannah, I am so sorry for your loss. How wonderful it was that you had the Mama you did. She was a treasure. She introduced me to John's Island, she helped me buy my first pair of jeans, she shared her room with me one summer at the Capital Hill home, she was a sister of heart. Bless you all.

Colleen Toomey (Cannon Beach, OR )


July 26, 2006
We first met Sally in the early 70s when Damon & Benji were on the same soccer team. I can still see her striding the soccer fields in her long granny dresses, all beautiful and elegant and serene. I guess you could say I had a crush on her, but it was a chaste crush, without desire, like a commoner beholding a princess. I just liked being around her. She embodied for me the vibe of the 60s, which even by then was starting to dissipate as cynicism and violence regained its upper hand. Seeing Sally always made it seem more real and less a naive fantasy, all the more so as she retained that loving, peaceful spirit throughout the years. She left us way too soon, but hers was an old soul.

Joel Schwartz (Seattle, WA )
jschwartz6@yahoo.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally was my closest friend at St. Joe's. I don't know how many hours we hung out in her room...reading her Dad's medical books on the sly....making pizza on Friday nights, haunting the streets of Capitol Hill, Halloween and being out in the Big Storm of some year or another.... and just getting to be part of a BIG family. We shared so many laughs and tears and boy crazy times....I will miss your Mom, Daughter, Sister and friend. She will always be a part of our lives and bring a smile to our face and possibly a tear now and then. Bless you all and we have a new Angel to watch over us.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home